Monday, February 02, 2009

05.27.2008 - Non-eventful

From Julian's COTA journal.

Last night Julian and I (Stacy) experienced a full, almost unbroken night of sleep. There were a few labs, a diaper change, and some changing of IV fluids, but Julian slept through most of them anyway! I actually got more rest last night than I have been getting at the Ronald McDonald House since his surgery. I got more sleep than Dave, who arrived in to Denver around 11:00 pm and slept from 1:00 to 5:00 am before his alarm clock went off.

The Doctors were smiling this morning, they are planning on switching him from IV fluids today to all oral meds. Dr. Concepcion just came in and said they are going to look at getting us out of here on Thursday or Friday. Wow! Right on schedule, in a perfect world. Well, we all know it is not a perfect world, but we have a perfect Lord with perfect timing, whatever the situation, whatever the need. We are praising Him for a non-eventful (?!?!?!?!) transplant.

As I type that I have to laugh. NON-EVENTFUL? Hardly.

Stacy